When it comes time to buy a new vacuum cleaner there are many aspects that we must take into account. The brand is also one of them. Many consumers bet on resorting to brands you already know, as this gives them confidence. Therefore, it is important to know what brands of vacuum cleaners are in this market and what products they offer us. So we can make a better decision. One of the biggest brands is Kärcher.
The brand is one of the best known in the vacuum cleaner sector. There may be people to whom your name does not ring a bell. But, It is one of the companies with the longest history in the sector.. Therefore, it is a trustworthy firm with a lot of experience in it. So it is good that we take into account what the brand has to offer when we are looking for a new vacuum cleaner.
Then we leave you with a review of various Kärcher vacuum cleaner models. This way you can see what the firm has to offer. Thus, when you go to buy a new vacuum cleaner, you are going to choose the one that best suits what you are looking for.
- 1 Comparison Karcher vacuum cleaners
- 2 Which Karcher vacuum cleaner to buy?
- 3 What is the cheapest Karcher vacuum cleaner?
- 4 Is a Kärcher vacuum cleaner worth it?
- 5 How to choose a Karcher vacuum cleaner
- 6 Characteristics of some Karcher vacuum cleaners
- 7 History of Karcher
- 8 Types of Karcher vacuum cleaners
- 9 What is the most powerful Karcher vacuum cleaner
- 10 Why choose a Karcher vacuum cleaner?
- 11 Most frequently asked questions
- 12 Where to buy a cheaper Karcher vacuum cleaner
Comparison Karcher vacuum cleaners
First of all we are going to leave you with a table comparison with the best models of Karcher vacuum cleaners. In this way you can already have a fairly clear idea of each of these vacuum cleaners. After the table we will go on to make an in-depth analysis of each model.
Which Karcher vacuum cleaner to buy?
Once we have seen the first specifications of each of these Kärcher vacuum cleaners, it is time to carry out an in-depth analysis of each of them. We will talk about how it works and some details that are important for you to know. So you can see which is the one that best suits what you are looking for.
We start the list with this model, which is possibly one of the best known of the brand. We are faced with a vacuum cleaner that stands out for being very powerful. Therefore, it will get rid of dust and accumulated dirt with great ease. In addition, it is an ideal vacuum cleaner for various environments. You can use it perfectly in an industrial environment, since in addition to being powerful it has a large capacity tank that allows us to store a lot of dirt.
It is a model that has a 17 liter tank. This is a huge amount, but since it is intended to be used in professional settings, it is a good amount. In addition, we can empty the tank very easily.
The same thing happens with the filter, since it is enough to shake the dirt accumulated in the garbage so that it is clean again and we can use it as the first day. This makes it very comfortable.
This vacuum cleaner works with cable, one of 4 meters this time. It is not the longest, although we can move a lot with it. But a longer cable would be desirable. It weighs just over 7,5 Kg. Despite the figure, thanks to its four-wheel design it is very easy to handle and moves easily. In addition, it stands out for being very stable. Therefore, we do not have to be afraid of it tipping over or something happening. Another important detail is that for such a powerful vacuum cleaner it stands out for making little noise.
This second model in the list of Karcher vacuum cleaners could be considered as the little brother of the previous model. Since we are facing a vacuum cleaner that also stands out for being powerful, in fact they have a motor with the same power, and for its suction power. Although, in this case the main difference between the two is the capacity of the tank, which in this case is somewhat smaller.
It has a capacity of 12 liters, which is still a very generous amount. So it allows us to suck up a lot of dirt before it fills up.
This is a model that we can use in many different situations. It is ideal for professional environments such as hotels or restaurants. Although also for domestic use. In fact, is a ideal vacuum cleaner if you have animals, since it ends with all the hairs that drop. So it is a good option if you were looking for a vacuum cleaner that stands out for its power.
In this case, it is a model that generates more noise. There may be consumers for whom it is too much and it becomes annoying. Although it is not much more noise than any other common vacuum cleaner generates. is a model quite light for its power, since it weighs 4,5 kg. Therefore, it is an easy-to-handle vacuum cleaner with great mobility. The main but that can be given is that the cable measures 4 meters, which in some cases can fall short.
Karcher WD6P Premium
In third place we find ourselves before one of the best-known Karcher vacuum cleaners of the brand. also before one of the best they have launched on the market. It is a model that stands out for its enormous power. It has a great suction power that will remove all the dirt that has accumulated. In addition, we allows wet and dry cleaning of dirt. Therefore, we can use this vacuum cleaner on various occasions. Undoubtedly a model that stands out for its versatility.
In this case you have a huge size deposit, with capacity of 30 liters this time. Therefore, it is a model that can be used perfectly in professional environments. Because it allows us to suck up a lot of dirt without having to constantly empty it.
Also, we can use it to vacuum all kinds of dirt. From dust to sawdust. That is why it is a good option to consider in professional environments.
It is a heavier model, weighing about 9,5 Kg. But, thanks to its design with four wheels, it is a vacuum cleaner that offers great mobility. In addition, it is very stable and it will be very difficult for it to tip over. Something that will make cleaning tasks much easier. This vacuum cleaner has a cable with a length of six meters, something that offers us much more freedom of movement. In addition, it must be said that it is a model that does not generate too much noise and comes with various accessories to reach difficult corners.
In fourth place we find this model that does not look anything like the previous ones. Since it is a compact vacuum cleaner. At first, what is most striking is its design, especially considering that it is a brand vacuum cleaner.
But It is an ideal option if you are looking for a small vacuum cleaner that does not take up too much space.. But, all this without giving up power and suction power.
Since this model stands out for helping us to carry out a very efficient cleaning in our home. So it's a good demonstration that a powerful vacuum cleaner doesn't have to be big.
Works great on all types of surfaceseven on wooden floors. Therefore, you can use it regardless of the type of floor you have in your home. In addition, we can use it in various ways thanks to its design. Making it a very versatile vacuum cleaner.
It is a vacuum cleaner that also It is very light, weighs just over 3 Kg. So the task of cleaning the house is very simple and comfortable. It is ideal if we have to climb stairs with this vacuum cleaner, since it is not heavy, making the task not too expensive. In addition, its reduced dimensions mean that it can be easily stored anywhere without taking up much space. If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that combines power without being too big, it is the best model you can find.
Karcher WD5 Premium
Finally we find this vacuum cleaner that we could say is the little brother of the third model on the list. Since they are two vacuum cleaners that have many elements in common. Both being very good options if you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that stands out for its power and good performance.
In this case, we are facing a model that vacuums dry and wet, so it can be useful in many different situations.
It is a model powerful and that sucks very well if we have animals at home. Inside it we find a bag. Although there is no need to worry, since it is a bag that you will not have to change very often, since it has a huge capacity. Therefore, you can vacuum comfortably at home without having to worry about it filling up.
It is the heaviest vacuum cleaner on the list, weighing 10 Kg. Although, thanks to its design with wheels it is quite manageable. So the weight should not be such a decisive element in this regard. In addition, it has a cable with a length of five meters, which in principle is enough to be able to move freely while you vacuum. A model that comes included with various accessories (nozzles and brushes).
Karcher VC4 S Plus
The German brand Kärcher also has broom type vacuum cleaner models and cordless, if you're looking for a powerful and reliable alternative to Dyson. This VC4 S Plus model has a powerful 700W cordless motor, and a fairly compact size and weight of about 5 Kg complete.
This vacuum cleaner includes a long tube to comfortably clean the floor without having to bend your back, with great suction power, bagless tank, multicyclone technology, class A efficiency, noise level of 78 dB at maximum power, Li Ion battery for good autonomy, and 3-speed selection system.
This Kärcher DS6 vacuum cleaner has a water filter for multi-stage filtration system with which it ensures that as much dirt as possible captured does not come out again, even the smallest particles. The dirt will be trapped in your water tank, and the ones that escape from it will be captured by your HEPA filter.
has an engine powerful 650W, high efficiency class A, and a magnificent suction power. By not using replacement bags and purifying the air, it will also be a more ECO product, and ideal for homes with allergies, with pets, or with asthmatics.
It has a compact design, with a long cable length to be able to reach up to a radius of 12 meters without having to change the plug. The cable retracts automatically, it has interchangeable accessories for different surfaces, even carpets, and its tank has a capacity of up to 2 liters.
What is the cheapest Karcher vacuum cleaner?
If you are looking for a cheap Kärcher vacuum cleaner, since it is a quality brand that usually has somewhat higher prices, you could opt for the WD2 model. This vacuum cleaner has a very affordable price, and has magnificent features.
It has a power of 1000W of high efficiency, with a tank of capacity up to 12 liters, with a 4-meter cable and is of the industrial type, to be resistant and to suck both liquids and solids. A great option for workshops, garages, outdoor spaces, etc.
It includes a long and ergonomic tube to vacuum the floor without bending over, a large brush for the floor, and a fine nozzle for Aspire liquids and solids from the smallest corners.
Is a Kärcher vacuum cleaner worth it?
The name of the brand may not mean anything to many people. Although we are facing a firm that has extensive experience in the vacuum cleaner sector. Therefore, it is a brand that has managed to win the support of consumers worldwide based on good work and quality products. So, we can see that they are quality products and that they work well.
Karcher is a firm whose vacuum cleaners work perfectly. They are mostly models that stand out for their great power and suction power. In fact, it is a brand of great importance in the sector of industrial vacuum cleaners. Therefore, we see that it is an aspect that always stands out in their models. So if you were looking for a powerful vacuum cleaner, you are right. The brand's vacuum cleaners especially stand out in this regard.
But, not only in terms of power. They are models that offer good long-term performance. So they will last you a long time. They are resistant and designed to offer years of good performance. Something essential for consumers and that undoubtedly offers a good guarantee and gives peace of mind. Therefore, Karcher models are worth it. It is a serious firm that manufactures quality products. So if there is a model that you liked, do not hesitate to buy it. You will not regret it.
How to choose a Karcher vacuum cleaner
If you're thinking about buy a vacuum cleaner Kärcher, you should consider the following points, in order to make the right choice:
- Use that we are going to give: the first thing is to ask yourself what you are going to use it for. For example, if it is for the home, it is better to opt for a cordless broom-type vacuum cleaner to clean the floor, or a sled-type vacuum cleaner in case you do not want to depend on a battery charge or have a very large home. In case it is for a more professional use, for the exterior, or to clean large surfaces, it is better to opt for an industrial vacuum cleaner. These vacuum cleaners can absorb solids and liquids of all kinds, blower mode for dry leaves (some models), are more resistant and durable, and have large capacity tanks.
- Power: It is important that the vacuum cleaner has great power. A higher power will imply a higher electrical consumption, but also a higher suction power. Less powerful cordless vacuum cleaners may not be enough to clean some more persistent dirt, so they will end up frustrating you. Make sure that, whatever type it is, your vacuum cleaner has great power.
- Deposit or bags: refill bags are a burden, since you will have to be buying compatible refills, which sometimes are not found in all stores, and you will have to throw them away. The models with a tank are much more comfortable and cheaper in the long run, in addition to the fact that they will not generate as much garbage (more sustainable). You simply empty the reservoir into the trash when it's full and you're ready to continue vacuuming.
- Filter: the filters must be HEPA, to better capture the smallest particles and that it is not an ordeal every time you vacuum for asthmatics or allergy sufferers. If in addition to the HEPA filter it has other additional stages, such as a water filter, much better, since it will leave a cleaner air. Another plus is if the filter is removable and can be washed.
- Accessories: it is essential that it has a good repertoire of accessories to clean different surfaces. At a minimum, you should have a large brush with a long tube to clean floors, and a narrow tube to access the most inaccessible areas and corners, and a small brush for the sofa, chairs, cushions, etc.
Characteristics of some Karcher vacuum cleaners
To have it all a little clearer, you should know some Endings used by Kärcher in its vacuum cleaners, and on which the performance and results will largely depend:
- cyclone technology: These types of vacuum cleaners use a cyclone separator to separate solid particles from the incoming air. Thanks to this technology they do not need filters like other vacuum cleaners, but are based on the generation of an air vortex so that the effects of the rotational force and gravity do the rest. The efficiency of this type of vacuum cleaner is quite good, and it prevents you from having to change or clean the filters frequently.
- HEPA filter: It is a high efficiency filter. They stand for High Efficiency Particle Arresting, or high efficiency particle collector. These filters manage to capture most of the particles in the air, even the smallest ones. That is why they are used in many air purifiers. They prevent dust, mold spores, bacteria, pet dander, mites, and even some large viruses from getting through.
- Water filter: These aspirators are ideal for allergy sufferers or asthmatics, as well as other people with respiratory problems. Thanks to the water in the tank through which the incoming dirty air will pass, the dirt particles will be captured, and the almost clean air will pass through another filter, usually a HEPA. This purifies the air in a very effective way, and will prevent allergens from circulating again in the air in the room.
- Easy emptying of the tank: little by little the bags have been disappearing to give way to the deposit ones. These vacuums, when they are full, you can simply empty and it is ready to continue vacuuming. No need to buy spare parts, exchange bags, etc.
- Power: it is necessary to differentiate between electrical power (W) and suction power (kPa or AW). Although they usually go hand in hand, since the greater the electrical power, the greater the suction power, they refer to different things. The most important thing is the suction power, which is the device's ability to absorb dirt. For example, if they are cordless vacuum cleaners, 20-26 kPa (200 AW) is normal, if it is higher than that, much better. A robot vacuum cleaner is usually between 2-5 kPa or more, and the cable ones can reach above the battery ones.
History of Karcher
As many may have guessed from his name, Karcher it is a german company. The company was named after its founder Alfred Kärcher, and its year of foundation is 1935. Initially they specialized in heating elements and ovens, in fact one of their models sold 1.200 units until 1945.
But starting in the 50s and 60s, the firm began to focus on the cleaning market. It is the sector in which they have developed their main activity and in which they have achieved worldwide success. Pressure washers have been the product with which the German brand began to achieve worldwide success. In fact, in many markets they are still their most recognized product. Even in some countries the word Karcher is synonymous with pressurized water cleaning system. Therefore, its influence and impact have been of great importance.
The success of these cleaners helped them when it came to marketing their vacuum cleaners. Since Karcher had made a name for himself in the cleaning sector. Thanks to the good work of its pressure washers, the brand's vacuum cleaners have managed to have an important gap in the market.
They currently have a presence in more than 150 countries worldwide with their products. They also have 38 subsidiaries in various countries.
Types of Karcher vacuum cleaners
The German brand Karcher has a large cast of types of vacuum cleaners. It is a brand focused on cleaning tools, where it is a leader. Therefore, you have solutions for all tastes and needs such as:
handheld vacuum cleaner
They are compact vacuum cleaners with a lighter weight so that they can be used comfortably on all types of surfaces, on furniture, drawers, cabinets, etc. You can also use a telescoping floor attachment, so you don't have to bend over. In addition, its size should not deceive you, since it has great power.
bagless vacuum cleaner
This type uses multi-cyclone technology for best results, trapping all the dirt inside without the need for bags. Therefore, you will save on spare parts. When it fills up, you simply empty the tank and have it ready to go.
vacuum cleaner with water filter
This technology is ideal for people with respiratory problems or allergies, since it will generate less air pollution with allergens (dust, pollen, mites,...). To do this, use a tank with water that will act as a filter to trap all that vacuumed dirt. The air will then pass through a HEPA filter and come out much cleaner. In addition, since it does not generate as much dust on its output, it will not dirty as much when it is cleaned (some generate dust that ends up being deposited again on the surfaces).
Cordless vacuum cleaner
They include a powerful Li-Ion battery to supply the necessary energy to their powerful motor without the need for a cable. This will give you greater freedom of movement, being able to reach all the places you need, even outside where there are no plugs.
Industrial vacuum cleaners
They are vacuum cleaners with a greater capacity, more power than conventional ones, more durable to work longer with them, and they have a resistant metal tank. They can absorb both liquids and solids, and are designed for workshops or industries where dust, sand, oil, paint, wood chips, metal, glass, etc. are vacuumed.
They are compact models for use in the vehicle. They are generally multipurpose, that is, you can use some of the previous models with the appropriate accessories to vacuum the car.
What is the most powerful Karcher vacuum cleaner
There are several powerful Kärcher vacuum cleaner models, one of them is the model T15/1. This series is specially designed for dry cleaning in the industrial sector, although you can also use it for warehouses, garages, outside your home, restaurants, etc. It is a high-end model with a long flexible cable hose, various cleaning accessories, and enormous power.
The air flow of this vacuum cleaner reaches the 53 liters per second, with a suction of 24 kPa, a 15 liter capacity for its dirt tank, 800W electric power, and a very efficient motor.
Also exist other serious highly powerful, such as the Tact Range, the WD series, etc.
Why choose a Karcher vacuum cleaner?
More than 75% of those who have bought this type of vacuum cleaner are quite happy with the purchase. This is already an indication. In addition, the German brand, Karcher, is one of the leaders in terms of technology and cleaning solutions. Undoubtedly one of the best if you are looking for the best quality and results.
With the maturation of technology and experience of this firm, little by little they have evolved to be able to reduce the aspiration time and make things much easier for you, even in the most inaccessible places. In addition, you have a wide variety of types of vacuum cleaners that you will not find in all brands, they include a good set of accessories or nozzles, and it is always easy to find spare parts or spare parts for this brand...
Most frequently asked questions
If you still have some doubts about Kärcher vacuum cleaners, the frequently asked questions What users usually do are the following:
How to clean the filter of a Karcher vacuum cleaner
For clean a filter of a Kärcher brand vacuum cleaner, the steps to follow are:
- Check that the filter of your vacuum cleaner can be washed, this can be seen in the manual of your model. If they are not washable, but have lost effectiveness, you can buy a replacement.
- Make sure the vacuum is unplugged for safety.
- Then take out the container where the dirt is deposited or the lid where the filter is (it can be different depending on the model).
- Take out the filter and first pass a soft brush to clean the most superficial dirt.
- Now wash the filter with hot water, focusing especially on the pleats if it has them, as this is where the most dirt tends to accumulate. In addition, you should clean it by letting the water run from one side to the other.
- Once you see that it is clean, you can let it dry. It is very important that no moisture remains in it. So it is preferable to let it dry in the sun for at least a day.
- Reinstall the filter in your vacuum as it was before removal. And remember to clean it every 6 months, if it's not water...
How to Change the Bag on a Karcher Vacuum Cleaner
For change bags of a Kärcher vacuum cleaner, you must first buy packs of bags compatible with your model. They usually come in packs of 20 or more units, and are made of paper. To change it:
- Unplug the Kärcher vacuum cleaner.
- Open the lid where the dirt bag of your vacuum cleaner is located.
- Remove the bag that is full, it is usually anchored at two points, or held on a kind of plastic rail.
- Once you have removed the old bag and discarded it, you can place the new empty bag in the same position.
If you see that your vacuum cleaner has lost effectiveness, or the pressure indicator goes off, the problem is probably that the bag is full...
Where to buy a cheaper Karcher vacuum cleaner
Finding a Karcher vacuum cleaner or its parts is not too difficult. Given its popularity, this brand is available in most specialty stores. if you are looking for cheaper models, you should keep in mind the following sites:
- Amazon: It is one of the preferred platforms to purchase Karcher vacuum cleaners, since it is where you will find a greater variety of types and models, as well as offers. In addition, you also have other brand tools and filter replacements. Of course, you have the maximum guarantees and security in the purchase, and if you have a Prime subscription you will have exclusive privileges.
- Leroy Merlin: This French chain also carries models from the Karcher brand, although it's not as huge as Amazon's offering. You can make purchases both from their website so that they send it to your home or go to the nearest store in your province.
- Brico Depot: it is another of the French chains that have been installed in our country and that have focused on DIY, decoration and construction materials. Among them, you will also find tools such as Karcher vacuum cleaners. Again, you have the option to pay online to have it sent to your home, or by going to one of their stores.