If you want something light and very compact to reach all kinds of surfaces and corners, and even for vacuuming the car, or for laundry, etc., you can count on a mini vacuum cleaner. Also, when it comes to storing it, if you don't have much space, you won't have any problem. And you can always have it at hand to go over the dirt wherever you need to...
Sections of the article
- 1 Which mini vacuum cleaner to buy
- 2 Differences between a handheld vacuum cleaner and a mini vacuum cleaner
- 3 How to choose a mini vacuum cleaner
- 4 Uses you can give to a mini vacuum cleaner
- 5 Limitations of a mini vacuum cleaner
Which mini vacuum cleaner to buy
To buy a good mini vacuum cleaner at a good price, and with some pretty good features, here are some of them recommendations:
This is one of the most advanced, compact mini vacuum cleaners, with a more attractive and minimalist design. It looks like a product out of a movie of the future, but no, it is a vacuum cleaner from the Xiaomi company. Despite its size, it has a powerful 120W motor and two speeds to catch all the dirt.
It is very lightweight, and includes multi-stage cyclonic technology. With a huge suction power, rotation up to 88000 RPM, and 100 ml tank capacity. As for its lithium battery, it allows for a 30 minutes duration in standard mode and 9 min in maximum power mode.
A cordless mini-vacuum cleaner that reaches the 6500 Pa suctionwhich is quite a considerable power. In addition, it stands out for its 4800 mAh lithium battery capable of reaching 45 minutes of autonomy. If you put it in higher suction mode, it would reach about 25 min, which is also a great autonomy.
It has a high-capacity dust collection tank, of up to 400 mland its noise is less than 70 dB. It includes an efficient filter and accessories for home, car and pets, as well as blower mode.
The mini vacuum cleaner of this brand has no cables, and has an ergonomic and minimalist design in the shape of a hairdryer, and with a ultra light weight. It can develop a suction capacity of up to 6000 Pa.
With 40W of power in its motor, 70 dB of noise, high density filter, dust container up to 500 ml of capacity, and a battery that allows clean between 20 and 30 minutes. In addition, it allows fast charging via USB. As for its accessories, it has a vacuum nozzle for tight spaces and another brush nozzle.
MECO Elverde 1
This other mini vacuum cleaner can be very practical for vacuuming computer keyboards. Under the keys accumulates a lot of dust and dirt, as well as pet hair if you have at home. With this vacuum cleaner you can sanitise your keyboard, as well as surfaces, tables, sofa, breadcrumbs, pencil shavings, etc.
It is quite economically priced, and has a very narrow nozzle for small surfaces or grooves. With another nozzle for larger surfaces. It has an effective and washable filtering system, and a up to 2000 mAh battery for a long service life.
MECO Eleverde 2
This other model of cordless vacuum cleaner has a Li-Ion battery capable of reaching 2000 mAh for a high and long-lasting suction power, with a charging time of 200 min. The motor allows to reach 65WThe power of the engine is quite high for how compact it is.
It has two different types of accessories. One for small spaces, such as keyboards, corners, slots, etc., and another with a brush for other surfaces. It does not need a bag, it has a dirt tank, and its filter is washable. In addition, it can be charged via USB.
Differences between a handheld vacuum cleaner and a mini vacuum cleaner
Sometimes it may seem that there is no difference between a handheld vacuum cleaner and a mini vacuum cleaner if you just look at the appearance. But the truth is that differ:
- Hand Vacuum CleanerThey are usually larger and heavier, with a higher capacity battery and more powerful motors, so they develop a greater suction power. Sometimes they can be up to 10 times more powerful or more. On the other hand, these vacuum cleaners are designed to be used with various accessories for the car, the floor, textiles, etc.
- Mini vacuum cleanerThe hand-held duster is also hand-held, but is smaller in size and weight. They can be carried almost anywhere easily, and are perfect for servicing keyboards, the car, absorbing breadcrumbs that fall on the table or on clothes, etc.. In this case, they tend to be more limited in terms of battery and power, and do not include accessories for the floor.
How to choose a mini vacuum cleaner
In choosing a mini vacuum cleaner, you should focus on these technical aspects if you want to make a choice more in line with your needs:
- SizeGenerally they are all very compact, but some are more compact than others. For example, you should think about whether you need it to have it, for example, stored in the glove compartment of the car, or if you need to carry it with you at all times. In the first case it doesn't matter if it has a higher weight and size, but in the second case it does.
- AutonomyThe autonomy is something fundamental, as it will determine how long you can be using it without the battery running out. Many can have durations of 10, 15, 30 minutes, or more. If you are going to use it frequently, it is better if it has a higher battery capacity, especially if it is a model with more power, as it will drain the battery sooner.
- AccessoriesThe brushes are usually equipped with two attachments. One is usually a narrow nozzle to clean in more hidden places, such as slots, or spaces between parts, keyboards, etc., and another accessory is usually wider and with a brush. The latter allows you to clean other surfaces, and also to absorb larger dirt. Depending on the amount and type of accessory included, it will be a vacuum cleaner with more or less versatility.
- Weightis another important factor along with the size, although you should not obsess about it. Generally they tend to be very light, under 500 grams, much less than the handheld ones.
- PowerThe power of the motor is important, because the suction power will depend directly on it, and this is even more important. Without good suction power, it will be like having a toy vacuum cleaner, which will barely suck up the heaviest or most encrusted dirt, so it will end up being a useless piece of junk.
- FiltersThe filters in these vacuum cleaners are usually efficient, to prevent dirt from escaping again. If they are washable filters, you won't have to put up with a clogged filter if you can't find a replacement, or if it stops working. Thanks to these filters, you can remove them at any time and wash them under running water. Once dry, it will work like new again.
Uses you can give to a mini vacuum cleaner
If you are wondering what you might need a mini vacuum cleaner foryou can see some examples:
- Crumb cleaningIf there are crumbs on the tablecloth, clothes, sofa, etc., it may be a good idea to have one so you don't have to use a heavy vacuum cleaner.
- Carif you have a car or any other vehicle, especially if you eat or smoke in it, you could also use a mini vacuum cleaner to remove dirt from the seat, floor, dashboard, or the most inaccessible nooks and crannies that you can't reach in any other way.
- Clean keyboard and PCIf you have a laptop or PC at home, it is also very practical to use this type of device to clean the keys that accumulate a lot of dirt. In addition, it can also be a good option for vacuuming dirt from vents that accumulate hair and lint, clogging the cooling system.
- HairsFor both human and pet hair, one of these can also come in handy. For example, for vacuuming clothes when you leave the house and need to go to a business meeting, etc.
- OtherThey can also be used to vacuum other very small places where a hand-held vacuum cleaner would not reach, or behind certain furniture, appliances, etc.
Limitations of a mini vacuum cleaner
Finally, you should also know the limitations of a mini vacuum cleaner, because if you expect the same performance from a large vacuum cleaner, you're getting the wrong product:
- PowerPlease note that because they are so small, their motor will not be as powerful as the larger ones, so the suction power will be reduced. These vacuum cleaners can have up to 10 times less suction power than a large vacuum cleaner.
- Tank sizeThe size of the tank of one of these is more limited, as they are designed to be as compact as possible. Therefore, if you are going to clean very dirty surfaces, you must take into account that you will have to empty it more frequently.
- VersatilityThis is also a problem if you think it can be used to clean all types of areas. With this type of vacuum cleaner you will be able to clean surfaces of a small size, they are not designed for floors or large surfaces. In addition, it does not have accessories for floors, carpets, etc.
- AutonomyThe small size of the battery means that it will not have a large battery capacity, but as it does not have powerful motors, its autonomy is not bad at all. In addition, they tend to have long charging times, as they do not have high-powered adapters, and some are even charged via USB like a mobile phone.