A type of vacuum cleaner that is becoming more and more popular is the robot vacuum cleaner. More and more people are buying such a model for their homes. Within this field, the robot vacuum cleaner and floor cleaner is a particularly interesting option for many.
Next we tell you more about robot vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners. So you can learn more about this type of robot vacuum cleaner, see some models that are available on the market, plus some tips to keep in mind when you go to buy one.
Sections of the article
- 1 Robot vacuum cleaner and floor cleaner comparison
- 2 The best robot vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners
- 3 How does a floor cleaning robot work?
- 4 What detergent to use for floor cleaning robot?
- 5 On what types of floors can a robotic floor cleaner be used?
- 6 Types of Robot Floor Cleaner
- 7 What should a good robot vacuum cleaner with mopping function have?
- 8 Advantages of a robot vacuum cleaner
- 9 Disadvantages
- 10 Best robot vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners
Robot vacuum cleaner and floor cleaner comparison
|The best||CREATE NETBOT S15 - Robot...||See features||8,449 Reviews||SEE OFFER|
|Quality Price||OKP Robot Vacuum Cleaner and...||See features||367 Reviews||SEE OFFER|
|Our favourite||Cecotec Robot vacuum cleaner and...||See features||3,517 Reviews||SEE OFFER|
|yeedi k650 Robot...||See features||1,783 Reviews||SEE OFFER|
|Ultenic T10 Robot...||See features||299 Reviews||SEE OFFER|
|proscenic 850T Robot...||See features||458 Reviews||SEE OFFER|
The best robot vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners
Cecotec Robot Vacuum Cleaner Conga 1090 Connected Series
The first model is a classic in the Cecotec Conga catalogue. Like the other models we present today, it has the ability to scrub. Although in this case, we can also use it for vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, mopping and it also has a special brush for pets. So we can take a great advantage in our house.
It has a suction power up to 1.400 pawhich allows us to use it on various surfaces or corners and go to remove dirt effectively. It is also compatible with Alexa and Google Home. This robot vacuum cleaner also gives us functions such as the creation of a magnetic wall, to decide which rooms in the house are cleaned with it each time. Its battery has an autonomy of up to 160 minutes.
It is a good robot vacuum cleaner and floor cleaner.It is a very versatile in terms of functions, which will fulfill its purpose at all times. In addition, it is not one of the most expensive models of the brand, so it is accessible to everyone.
Roborock S5 Max
The Roborock S5 Max is one of the mid-high range of this Xiaomi subsidiary brand. It includes a large water tank to cover more ground, with its 290ml with which it can cover an area of approximately 200m². But if the Roborock are famous for something is for its mapping system, and this one has a high-precision LDS laser sensor that scans rooms at 300RPM.
As for other features, and like most models of this brand, it stands out for its intelligent configuration, which means that, if it gets stuck, the water stops so as not to create unnecessary puddles in our house, among other things. As if that wasn't enough, this Roborock is a real climber, being able to climb steps about 2cm high.
Rowenta Smart Force Essential Aqua RR6971WH
The second model on the list is this robot from Rowenta, which has the ability to vacuum and mop the floor in our home. It has an active motorized brush for effective cleaning and three cleaning modes to access difficult areas: random (random), random rooms (random suitable for small rooms) and edges (edges) to complete the entire cleaning session. Its battery also gives us 150 minutes of autonomy, which is very convenient.
Vacuums and scrubs at the same time to leave your home sparkling clean thanks to its active motorized brush mopping system for effective cleaning and three cleaning modes to access difficult areas. In addition, we can configure and plan when to use it thanks to its app. The design of this robot is thin and light, which allows it to reach more corners. Thanks to its sensors, it doesn't bump into furniture or fall down the stairs.
A good robot vacuum cleaner, with the guarantee of a brand like Rowenta. It has the functions that we look for in a product within this category, so it fulfills very well. In addition, it is not one of the most expensive models that we find, something that also a lot in these cases.
Ecovacs Deebot OZMO 900
The third model on the list belongs to another well-known brand in this segment, Ecovas. It is a 4 in 1 vacuum cleanerThanks to it we have the functions sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and scrubbing available. This allows us to have the house always clean in a simple way, besides being very efficient in its operation when we have to use it.
It has a technology that allows get around safely at home. It will never crash and creates a map of the house, so it knows how to move efficiently and knows where it can and cannot enter. The robot vacuum cleaner has four different cleaning modes in this case. In addition, it is compatible with assistants like Alexa, so we can control it with voice commands, from its app.
It is presented as a great robot vacuum cleaner and floor cleaner. Versatile in terms of functions, with several cleaning modes that fit the use we need to make of it and also has a good value for money. Therefore, it is a good robot vacuum cleaner to take into account.
iRobot Braava jet M6134
This Braava jet M6134 is a high-end floor cleaner, which also means that it is somewhat more expensive than other models. As you would expect from an advanced robot, we can control it from our mobile devicebut that's far from the best thing about this device.
And this Braava has a pressure sprayerSo we could almost say that what we have is a pressure washer (like the Kärcher), but smaller, for the floor and fully automatic. In addition, it includes advanced navigation that improves with use, it scrubs the floor and mops it dry and we can use it in large areas. What do you think all this is not enough? Well, that's a summary, to which we also have to add that it is compatible with Alexa.
RoboRock S5 Max
The next model on the list is this vacuum cleaner, which is one of the most powerful in this field, with a suction power of 2.000 pa. Thanks to this we can finish with dirt in all kinds of corners, in addition to being able to finish with the finest dust. In addition, it has a good battery capacity of 5,200 mAh, which will give us a good autonomy at all times. Up to 150 minutes of autonomy, according to the brand.
We can vacuum or mop with the sameIt works both wet and dry. In addition, it works very well on all types of floors, including carpets. One of its advantages is that it has several modes. Since it has quiet, balanced, turbo and maximum modes and the zonal cleaning meets all your needs, the specialized carpet pressurization mode can automatically identify the carpet and turn on maximum suction. A most versatile robot in this case.
We can control it with its app easily on the phone. As you can see, it is presented as a reliable and complete robotwith which we have our house always clean in a very simple way. So it is a good option to consider.
Xiaomi Mijia 1C
This Xiaomi Mijia is a vacuum cleaner that carries the brand of the Chinese company, and not like the Roborock. Not getting to their good brand also means that it is somewhat more limited, but so is its price, and this robot costs less than half as much than the Xiaomi subsidiary's vacuum cleaners.
No products found.
In terms of what it offers us, it has 4 levels of suction, the water tank is 200mlThe 15% can clean rooms up to 120m² and will automatically recharge itself when it detects that the battery drops below the 15%, charge up to the 80% and get back to work to finish the cleaning.
iRobot Braava 390T
The following model is a very original option, at least in terms of designThe robot vacuum cleaner is not like other robot vacuum cleaner models on the market. Thanks to it, you can easily mop and sweep the floor at home. In addition, it has two cleaning modes, which uses wet microfiber cloths to scrub everyday dirt and grime; it uses dry microfiber cloths to sweep away dust and all kinds of hairs.
It gives us a good autonomy, because we can use it for more than 3 hours in sweeping mode and for 2.5 hours in scrubbing mode. So you can take advantage of it when cleaning our house. The robot's charging station allows its battery to fill up again in just 2 hours of time.
It is a somewhat different robot, but it has a very clear purpose in this case, which is to sweep and mop. For this reason, se presents itself as a very comfortable option in such a case.. It is of high quality, easy to use and has a good autonomy, which allows it to work perfectly when cleaning our house.
How does a floor cleaning robot work?
One of the big doubts of users is the way in which this type of robot vacuum cleaner and floor cleaner works.
A floor mopping robot is a floor cleaning robot that is one step above vacuum cleaners. They are autonomous, i.e. they move automatically, and they are its function is to scrub and mop the floor.. In principle, the result should be as if we were mopping ourselves, and some models can also suck up dust and all kinds of dirt particles.
In this case, in addition to having the function of vacuuming, has a water tankwhich we can use to scrub the floor. So we can get a double cleaning when we make use of it.
The vacuum cleaner has an opening, where water will be expelled, to be able to use the scrubbing function. At the bottom of it we find cloths, which are those that will be removing the dirt, in addition to making the floor is going to be dry later. There are models that have a higher pressure when water is thrown, in addition to having a different size tank.
What these types of robots do is to detect the type of soil. It allows the scrubbing function to be used on surfaces that are suitable. There may be floors on which we can not use it, such as carpets and rugs. But in the robot app we can always configure where it is used and where it is not.
What detergent to use for floor cleaning robot?
This question is both easy to answer and complicated. At first, we may think that what they use are detergents exactly the same as the ones we use to clean with a mop, but we may be wrong. The mops don't have anything that can get damagedThey can be used with any cleaning fluid, including bleach, and are not just for cleaning cloths and mops. On the other hand, we have the floor mopping robots, which have a very different design and are much more complex.
And there are a few things to bear in mind: these devices use their own mops and their own speed, so what we need is a detergent that, firstly, is not going to damage the device and, secondly, is prepared so that its mixture is what is necessary to clean properly, which means that it has to have the right amount and density. For this reason, it is best to look at the manufacturer's instructions or recommendations. In them we will see what kind of detergent we should use, among which we will also recommend the best brand. In any case, we can also try to buy white brand floor cleaner detergent, but be careful, sometimes cheap is expensive.
On what types of floors can a robotic floor cleaner be used?
A floor mopping robot can be used on virtually any floor. It is true that it will depend on the model, but we can use it on normal tiles, parquet type wood and even on floors that are made with stones, but the latter must be special floors with fixed stones or, otherwise, what it will do will be a mess. It is on the latter type of floor that a floor cleaner may not work well, and we must look at its specifications to see if it is compatible.
Bearing in mind that they work with water and detergents, unless we find an unusual one that says so in its specifications, are not recommended for use on carpets.. Logically, and although it may seem obvious, it is not suitable for use in garden type soils, such as lawns. If I mention this is because, as crazy as it may seem, there have been cases.
Types of Robot Floor Cleaner
Until Manuel Jalón had the idea of putting a stick on the cleaning rags and invented the mop almost 70 years ago, the floor was cleaned by kneeling and mopping with your hands. It seems like an absurd invention, but it changed the way we clean our homes making it more comfortable^and efficient.
Decades later, the robot floor cleanerThe new technology, which not only prevents us from having to kneel down, but we can leave them working without even having to pay attention to them. In this article we are going to talk about them, so that you understand what they are and how they work in case you are considering buying one.
To answer your questions, here are the most common types of robotic floor cleaners:
Floor cleaner only
Floor cleaners are like a mop, but automatic. The design of many of them is very similar to that of robot vacuum cleaners, that is, a round device that moves across the floor to work its magic. Unlike vacuum cleaners, these robots have water, detergent and cleaning rags and mops to clean the floor, a floor that can be made of different materials, including some with a texture similar to that of stones.
Vacuum cleaner + floor cleaner
But in addition to mopping the floor as we have explained in the previous point, there are also other robots that can vacuum. These would be an all-in-one, as they would first vacuum all kinds of dirt particles and then pass them the cleaning rags, water and detergent to leave the floor shiny. If we said before that a floor cleaner would be like a mop, one that is also a vacuum cleaner would offer similar results to those we would obtain. if we were to pass first a broom and then the mop. In reality, although this would depend on the model, robot vacuum cleaners + floor cleaners will leave the floor better than we would leave it by cleaning it manually.
What should a good robot vacuum cleaner with mopping function have?
If we are thinking about buying a model of this typeit is important to take some aspects into account. Since it should have certain functions, which are the ones that make us can take advantage of this type of robot at all times. Therefore, these are the features that we should look for:
- Mapping: The mapping function makes the robot have a map of the rooms in the house, so it can plan routes better. It also helps to know where there is furniture or carpets, so it won't use the mopping function on these sensitive surfaces.
- Good autonomy: Autonomy is essential, so that we can clean the house several times before it needs to be charged again. They usually have a good battery, but by combining vacuuming and scrubbing, consumption is higher, so it is advisable to take this into account, to avoid surprises or buy a model with a short battery life.
- Large tank: The capacity of the tank is also important, so that we can clean the whole house without having to empty it, something that would be very annoying for many people.
- Wireless: The absence of cables is another important element, because it will allow this robot to move around the house with great freedom at all times, which is essential for its proper functioning. So we do not have to worry about anything.
Advantages of a robot vacuum cleaner
This type of robot vacuum cleaner has many advantages, which are undoubtedly the most important ones. encourage many consumers to buy one on occasion. So, if you were hesitating about whether you should buy one, you should know that there are certain advantages that are of great interest:
- More effective and thorough cleaningYou are going to be able to get a better cleaning at home with the combination of these two services. By vacuuming and scrubbing, you remove dust and any kind of dirt in a simple way, in addition.
- Works on all types of surfacesWe can use it on all types of floors, so it will help us to keep them clean easily.
- Easy controlOne clear advantage is that we hardly have to do anything. Since the robot is controlled in many cases by its app, so we only have to tell it what we want it to do and in which room.
- It is automatic. This is the most logical. It will be done automatically and we can forget about it.
- With respect to the previous point, we can leave them running while we are not at home and, when we get there, everything will be cleaner.
- Some models, scrubbing and vacuumingThey remove all the dirt and grime.
- Can be dry cleanedwhich means we won't have to wait to get through once you've finished working.
- They work in almost any type of soil,
As you can imagine, this type of robot vacuum cleaner and floor cleaner does not only leave us with advantages. There are also certain aspects that are disadvantages, which we must also take into account, for a better use at all times or if we are hesitating about buying one:
- PriceWhen combining these functions, it is usual that its price is somewhat higher than that of a normal robot vacuum cleaner. So for some users it might be too expensive, which prevents them from buying one.
- Carpets and rugsIf you have a house with a lot of carpets or you have carpeted floors, you won't get much out of this type of robot vacuum cleaner and floor mopper, as you probably won't be able to use the mopping function on these floors.
- Water tankAlthough the size is variable, in general this tank is not the largest. So there may be times when it is not large enough for users to clean their home in one go.
Best robot vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners
If we are already convinced that we want onethere are always some brands that we can consultBecause they leave us with models of great interest, with a variety of prices and functions that fit what we are looking for. In this field of robot vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners there are also some brands to consider:
- Xiaomi: The Chinese manufacturer has a wide range of robot vacuum cleaners, with several models that also have the function of floor cleaner. As with its products in other fields, its prices are adjusted, so it is an option of interest. Xiaomi is a technology company that has only been around for 10 years, a decade in which they've done things so well that they've managed to put themselves on the fourth place for technology companiesonly surpassed by Apple, Samsung and its fellow countryman Huawei. In its catalog we find all kinds of electronic devices, including mobile phones and tablets, but also computers and peripherals. In addition, it also manufactures and sells home appliances, such as some of the best floor cleaners in terms of value for money.
- Roomba: It is possibly the best known brand in the field of robot vacuum cleaners worldwide. They have a very wide range, where we have many models of various prices, which have the function of mopping floors as well.
- Conga: Another of the most popular brands of robot vacuum cleaner on the market, with a fairly large catalog where they have many models with the function of scrubbing the floor. So we can consult them, because they also have quite a variety of prices in their models.
- Rowenta: A classic brand in the field of vacuum cleaners, which has more and more presence now in the field of robot vacuum cleaners and floor cleaners. A brand that is synonymous with quality, reliable and that leaves us with good prices in many cases.
- Cecotecis a company that has specialized in the manufacture and sale of products that we would primarily use in the homeThe company also manufactures electric scooters, vacuum cleaners, coffee machines, cookers, electric scooters, pressure washers and floor cleaning robots, modern and efficient robots that make them one of the best options to take into account.
- Medionis Germany's leading manufacturer of consumer electronics and one of the best digital service providers in its category. In its catalog we find monitors, computers, laptops and desktops and with its section for gaming, smart devices, among which we have mobile phones, tablets and home automation, and others for the home, as a floor cleaners that treasure all the quality that a German company like this can offer.
- Braava: Braava is the floor mopping robot of the iRobot branddesigned to work on all hard surface floors. Braava uses disposable or microfiber cleaning cloths for wet and/or dry cleaning. The design was known as the Mint until 2013. It was developed by Evolution Robotics, which was acquired by iRobot in 2012.