Tired of having to vacuum every day? Would you like to find the house clean when you get home from work? Oddly enough, this is possible thanks to the robot vacuum cleaner such as iRobot by Roomba.
It is a brand specialized in the manufacture of vacuum robots. In this sense, it is one of the best known and most experienced in the market. So it is always a good option to consider. iRobot's Roomba produces robot vacuums, which many of you may be familiar with. Therefore, below we leave you with an analysis of several of its models.
- 1 Comparative Roomba vacuum cleaners
- 2 What Roomba to buy
- 3 What is the cheapest Roomba
- 4 Types of Roomba vacuum cleaners
- 5 Braava, the roomba floor cleaner
- 6 What is the iRobot Home app for?
- 7 Is Roomba worth it?
- 8 Roomba or Conga
- 9 Features of some Roomba vacuum cleaners
- 10 Advantages of a Roomba compared to other cheaper brands
- 11 Accessories and spare parts for Roomba
- 12 Where is the technical service of Roomba
- 13 History of Roomba
- 14 My opinion on Roomba vacuum cleaners
- 15 Where to buy a cheaper Roomba
- 16 When to buy a cheaper Roomba?
Comparative Roomba vacuum cleaners
Then we leave you with this comparison with several of Roomba's robot vacuum cleaners. In this way, you know a little more about the models that the brand offers us. First of all, we leave you with this table with some of its most outstanding specifications. After the table, an in-depth analysis awaits us.
What Roomba to buy
iRobot Roomba 681
We start with this model of the brand that stands out for being an ideal vacuum cleaner for all types of surfaces. Since it sucks in all of them with power and does not cause damage. Although it stands out for its enormous effectiveness on hard floors and carpets. So that If we have many carpets at home, this robot vacuum cleaner is a very efficient option. and that helps us fight dust and dirt on them. It is also a good option if we have pets, as it helps us clean the hair they leave behind.
This Roomba vacuum cleaner has a tank with a capacity of 0,7 liters. So we can vacuum the entire house without having to empty it previously. In addition, once full it is very easy to empty it.
It has a range of 60 minutes, so it gives us time to clean the entire house in a simple way. We just have to program it. Once it runs out of battery, it returns to its base to recharge.
It is a model that stands out for being efficient, manageable in terms of programming and that also doesn't make too much noise. Less than the vast majority of conventional vacuum cleaners. So it is a good alternative in that sense. Programming is very simple and we can enjoy a clean house at all times.
And the best thing is that it has WiFi to be able to manage it from the mobile.
iRobot Roomba e5154
The third of the models belongs to the same range as the two previous robot vacuum cleaners. On this occasion we find a model that stands out for its power and absorption capacity. So it will leave the house free of dust and dirt at all times. Again, it is a good option on all types of surfaces thanks to its brushes. Designed to work efficiently on any type of soil. Also, it works well on carpets and picking up pet hair.
It is a robot that stands out for its little noise it generates despite its power. It is one of the quietest models we can find. So it won't be bothersome while you are working and cleaning the house. Certainly something ideal for consumers. In addition, it is very easy to program it and have it clean the house at all times. We can program the day or the whole week if we want.
When the battery runs out, the Roomba robot will return to its base to recharge so that we can use it again. It is a model that is easy to program, so that all users will be able to use it and enjoy its advantages. Perhaps the only but is that the tank is not the largest, so you have to empty it more often. It also does not have a carrying handle as it is one of the cheapest Roomba options. Other than that, it's a great model.
iRobot Roomba i3
This other robot vacuum cleaner that we find in fifth place belongs to a different range, one of the highest. But in general we find many aspects in common with other models of the brand. Again, it should be noted that it is a very powerful robot and that it leaves the house perfectly clean.
It works very well on all types of surfaces and also absorbs animal hair perfectly. In addition, it does not collide with furniture or corners. It also has a slope detector, so will never fall down the stairs.
It has a large capacity tank, so it is enough to clean the entire house without having to empty it. In addition, emptying it is very simple, so simple that it is done automatically at the base and allows us to forget about emptying the tank of this roomba for a maximum of 60 days. It has a rechargeable battery that lasts about an hour although the brand says it can last up to 75 minutes. In principle, it is enough time to be able to clean and vacuum the entire house. When the battery runs out, it returns to its base to charge again.
A very important detail about this robot is that it is very quiet. It is one of the ones that generate less noise. So if you are looking for a powerful robot that does not generate much noise, it is one of the best options that you can find on the market today. In addition, programming it is very simple. We can program for the day or the whole week. This vacuum cleaner It has three cleaning modes and sensors to detect dirt.
iRobot Roomba e6192
This new model of the firm is a good combination of power and silence. Since we are facing one of the most powerful vacuum cleaners that the brand has. So there is no dust or dirt that can resist it. In addition, like the rest of the firm's models, it works very well on all types of surfaces thanks to its brushes specially designed for this type of situation. So we can use it very easily in any type of room. Too It is the most suitable model for pets. so if you have a dog or cat at home, this is your model.
But, this power is not accompanied by greater noise. In fact, it is rather the opposite. As it is one of the quietest vacuum cleaners that the brand has launched. So, without a doubt, it is a very complete option, since it allows us to be able to carry out other tasks comfortably without having to suffer from constant annoying noise. In addition, it has a tank with a capacity of 0,6 liters. So it is enough to clean the whole house.
For the rest, like other models of the brand, stands out for being very easy to program. Again, we can schedule day by day or even schedule it for the entire week. So the robot will start cleaning the house on the agreed day and time. In addition, it will not collide with furniture or corners or fall down the stairs.
It also has some sensors that act as a virtual wall (Virtual Wall) and that allows us to delimit the vacuuming area of our house, so we can tell the robot not to enter the rooms that we are not interested in cleaning.
Finally, it has a mobile application and is also compatible with Alexa so you can give it orders using the assistant.
iRobot Roomba Braava M6 Floor Mop
We close the list with this model that stands out for being a combination of a powerful robot vacuum cleaner that does not make too much noise and is also capable of scrubbing. Because we are dealing with a robot that stands out for having a powerful motor that helps us remove all the dirt and dust from the house. In addition, to work perfectly on carpets and hard floors. It also stands out for its ability to absorb animal hair, which is usually more problematic.
All this being one of the least noisy models of the brand. So you will be able to do other tasks in the meantime, that this robot does not bother or distract you at any time. Undoubtedly a good combination that every user wants. In addition, this model has a 0,6 liter tank. So it is a sufficient quantity to be able to clean the entire house without having to empty it.
Programming the robot is very simple. We can program the whole week or day by day. In addition, we can download a application on our smartphone with which to control the robot. Thus, even if we are away from home we can program it. Ideal if we forget to vacuum or someone comes home to visit unexpectedly.
i7 Pet Roomba
The robot vacuum cleaner iRobot Roomba i7 + It is one of the most advanced models of domestic robots for cleaning. A great option for homes where there are pets. With an intelligent navigation system and capable of optimizing cleaning even in the most complicated areas, such as edges, corners, etc. All thanks to PerfectEdge technology and its advanced sensors.
Its AI-guided cleaning system is also a engineering marvel, with three phases to lift, extract and vacuum the dirt, to remove the most persistent dirt. Its suction power is up to 40 times higher than other models, so it guarantees that you have one of the best and most powerful robots on the market.
Your system Imprint Smart Mapping control, via mobile app, it will also allow you to easily choose when and which areas the robot should clean. In addition, it will be much more comfortable than other robots, since it allows automatic emptying in the bag with AllergenLock, so you don't worry for weeks and it doesn't affect allergy sufferers.
What is the cheapest Roomba
The iRobot brand is one of the most prestigious in the world of automatic cleaning, but it can also be one of the most expensive. However, there are also cheap models for people who want to clean their home effortlessly and without spending too much. It is the case of Roomba i5.
This robot vacuum cleaner is suitable for both hard floors and carpets and rugs thanks to its powerful suction system and multi-surface brushes. It can be controlled using the iRobot Home app for mobile devices, or also with voice commands from virtual assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant.
The robot is equipped with an intelligent navigation system, with DirtDetect technology, to detect the dirtiest areas of the home and clean them more frequently and more thoroughly. And all with a long battery life, and quietly.
Types of Roomba vacuum cleaners
iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaners are classified into several series. Within each of these series you will find models with different characteristics to be able to meet different needs:
It is the series with the most expensive models, but also the best in terms of features and technologies. It is aimed at the most demanding, who seek maximum comfort and the best results. Some vacuum cleaners with very advanced functions that can include floor mopping, very precise artificial intelligence, automatic emptying at the base so you don't have to do it yourself, and suction power up to 40 times higher.
They also have very advanced features, such as Clean Base for automatic emptying of your tank, AllergenLock bags to trap allergens, the ability to remove the most persistent dirt, and a suction system that is up to 10 times more powerful than other models. It is a model that may be the best choice for most users who do not want to invest as much money as for an S, but who do not want to give up a premium product.
After its two previous older sisters, the 900 series would arrive. An advanced robot vacuum cleaner, with WiFi connectivity and all the functions you expect from one of these devices, including the option to mop. As for its suction power, it is up to 5 times higher than other models. On the other hand, it will not have some of the advantages of the previous ones, such as automatic emptying.
These models are also a great choice for most users who are looking for a great robot vacuum cleaner without investing as much as in the S Series. It can compete with the 900 and I. With very remarkable results in all types of dirt, and navigation system Smart Dirt Detect for thorough cleaning or go where the dirt is for daily maintenance.
It is a good robot vacuum cleaner with which to achieve good results. It shares some features with its older brothers, such as WiFi connection for control via an app. However, the performance and autonomy is somewhat lower in this case. Therefore, its price is also cheaper, making it the option for those looking for something affordable.
The Braava Jet are robots specially designed to mop the floor. Not only with a wet mop like other models, but it also has a front system that is capable of projecting a pressurized water jet through its sprayer. This achieves better scrubbing results even in more adhering dirt. Ideal for floors in the bathroom, kitchen, etc., where liquids are spilled, drips, etc.
The J Series are robots specially designed for thorough house cleaning, especially when there are pets. They adapt to a large number of soil types, offer good performance, and have a base where they can be emptied automatically when their dirt tank is full. In addition, they have the latest in technology, capable of learning and mapping your entire home...
Braava, the roomba floor cleaner
After the dry robot vacuum cleaners, many manufacturers started creating robots that could also clean the floor as if you were wiping the mop. These mopping robotss 2 in 1 They can do all the robot vacuum cleaners and also remove stains that may be on parquet or ceramic floors, stone, laminates, etc.
One advanced model of iRobot is the Braava 390T, which has a powerful long-lasting NiH battery, triple-pass deep cleaning capacity, suitable for large surfaces, with iAdapt 2.0 technology for intelligent navigation, with different easily controllable cleaning modes, and with four cleaning cloths reusable microfiber cleaning. To not let any dust, pet hair, or allergens escape.
Another alternative is the iRobot Braava jet m6. It is very similar to the previous one, to clean and scrub the floor, as well as a mop function. Programmable through the mobile app, with a long-lasting lithium battery, intelligent navigation system, the possibility of cleaning more frequently used areas, or defining specific cleaning areas, etc. The most notable difference in this case is that it has a pressurized water jet sprayer to break down even the most encrusted stains, or grease in the kitchen.
What is the iRobot Home app for?
La iRobot Home App is an application for Android and iOS/iPadOS mobile devices that allows you to control Roomba robot vacuum cleaners, in addition to knowing details about them or about the cleaning process. For example, some of the things you can do with it are:
- Programming Languages of the robot vacuum cleaner to link it with your routines, as well as stop or start at any time. You could even make the robot only start when you leave the house, so that it doesn't bother you when you're home.
- possibility of draw maps or cleaning zones personalized. You can even mark exclusion zones so that the robot does not go to them.
- control of the modes in which the robot operates.
- Check the status and progress cleaning.
- To stock favorite actions so you can use them whenever you need and not have to customize them from scratch. For example, you can create routines such as cleaning after breakfast, quick cleaning, complete weekend cleaning,…
And all that from the comfort of your mobile, wherever you are...
Is Roomba worth it?
Some users may not be familiar with the brand name. Although within this sector it is a well-known brand that continues to gain followers every day. Therefore, it is important to always know a little about the brand. Visiting the company's website or searching for its products helps us a lot to have a clearer idea. Also to see what people think about Roomba models.
For many users, the brand is always a determining aspect. So if Roomba isn't a name that rings a bell, you might not even consider its robot vacuums. This is a mistake. Since it is convenient to look at the specifications of each model and see if they offer what you are looking for. Also, if we read user comments, we see that the general tone towards Roomba products is positive and satisfying. There is quite a difference in quality and performance compared to others Robot vacuum cleaners, a segment in which Roomba undoubtedly reigns.
Therefore, it is important to always consider Roomba robot vacuum cleaners when you are looking for a new model. Since we find quality products and prices that are sure to be interesting for you. So it is a brand with experience and good work in the market of vacuum robots that have a great value for money. In addition, it is an innovative company, since they constantly present new features for their models. Therefore, it is worth considering Roomba products.
Roomba or Conga
Both robot vacuum cleaners are among the most popular on the market. The model Conga belongs to the Valencian brand Cecotec, and has a fantastic value for money, for those looking for something more basic and affordable. But iRobot is king when it comes to the most advanced and intelligent vacuum models on the market, even if that also makes them more expensive.
The reliability, efficiency, autonomy, suction power, and results will be better in the iRobot Roomba than in the Conga, so it is worth investing a little more to take advantage of these differences.
And is that iRobot is a prestigious firm that has been developing robots and technology for businesses and homes for more than 30 years. This firm is based in Burlington, Massachusetts. It was founded by workers from the MIT artificial intelligence laboratory, and they have managed to position themselves as leaders in the sector and winners of numerous awards and recognitions.
Features of some Roomba vacuum cleaners
The iRobot firm has positioned itself as a one of the most advanced and innovative in the sector of cleaning robots for the home. This is noticeable in every detail, with outstanding features such as:
- Clean Base automatic emptying: it is a special base that will not only charge the robot vacuum cleaner during its stay there, but it is also capable of emptying the vacuum cleaner's tank and accumulating the dirt in a larger bag so that you don't have to worry about emptying the tank for up to 60 days. Every time the robot returns to base, it will empty the dirt bin while charging, and all the dirt is held in special bags that prevent allergens from escaping. Once the bag is filled, you replace it in the base and it will be ready for other months without any attention...
- 3-stage cleaning system: In addition to the great suction power of these iRobot Roomba robot vacuums, which surpasses the competition, it also includes a sophisticated cleaning system that consists of three phases. With two multi-surface brushes, and a brush designed for edges.
- Smart Mapping: it is a system with artificial intelligence capable of mapping the home for optimal cleaning of the entire surface. It will not go through the same place several times and leave uncleaned areas, like other robots that lack this mapping. Roomba will not forget any corner of your home, it will learn how it is distributed and will quickly adapt using computational plans that it will store in its memory.
- iAdapt Navigation: It is an innovative Roomba software to adapt to each type of home and surface in an intelligent way. It can monitor the surface it travels through sensors more than 60 times per second and will modulate behavior patterns (with more than 40 behaviors and 60 possible decisions) to achieve optimal results.
- direct detect: It's another technology that makes it possible to go straight to the dirt. To keep your home clean on a daily basis. A kind of maintenance to go to the places where more dirt accumulates to clean them. In other words, the robot will know where those areas are where it is necessary to “insist more” thanks to its sensor system.
- multi-surface brushes: they are brushes that can be adapted to various types of surfaces without having to go around replacing one with another. They will achieve good results on all types of surfaces, whether rough or smooth, more or less hard.
- For pets: they also have specific brush systems for homes where there are pets. Our furry friends shed a lot of hair and cause lint to accumulate, which will not be a problem for these robots.
- Long duration battery: Roomba mounts high-performance lithium-ion batteries to supply great power to the motor and navigation system of these robots, and providing great autonomy so that it can clean large surfaces without having to stop in the middle of the job and start again. the base for charging.
- Virtual Wall: It is a function of your control software. You will be able to create virtual barriers in zones so that the robot focuses on that specific room or zone. It is very practical if something has been spilled or if you want it to clean a specific area. You can generate blocks of up to 3 meters to limit the range of action of the Roomba.
- Cliff detection sensors: It is a type of sensor that many modern vacuum robots have. Its objective is to detect unevenness or steps, so as not to fall down them. For example, if he found some stairs he would not fall. Neither if you put it on a counter or table. Upon reaching the edges, it will process them as an obstacle and prevent further progress.
- WiFi: Most of today's robots have wireless connectivity to connect to the network. This possibility allows you to control or know information from your iOS/iPadOS and Android mobile device. With an app you can program it, know where it is, its status, limit it with the Virtual Wall, change modes, etc.
- PerfectEdge Technology- Advanced sensors for the cleaning system to optimize cleaning in corners and edges.
- Imprint Smart Mapping: system that allows the robot to decide where and when to clean.
Advantages of a Roomba compared to other cheaper brands
iRobot Roomba has focused on designing best robot vacuum cleaner of the market, taking care of every detail in terms of innovative technology and advanced functions. All those little things add up, and the result is a great robot with results as close as possible to what you would do manually, and even better, since you can clean more often without taking time away from your chores.
Among some of the advantages of the Roomba against the competition are:
- Very high suction power, to remove even the most difficult dirt.
- An excellent autonomy to cover large surfaces without the need to return to the base to charge.
- App for its control with regular updates to improve functions and security.
- Excellent reliability and durability, since it has quality materials and very good electronic systems.
- Great technical support that solves your incidents quickly, and even replaces the product in case it is not as you expect. You can see them contact forms here.
- Of course, they also add some other special features of some models, such as automatic emptying of dirt, spray to eliminate dry stains, smart functions to know where the most dirt accumulates, etc.
Accessories and spare parts for Roomba
When you buy a robot vacuum cleaner from the brand, in some cases the accessories are included. But, you can also always buy additional accessories separately. Roomba offers us a wide selection of accessories. We tell you more about the accessories they offer below:
Roomba's robot vacuums are battery-powered. So there are no cables or anything that prevents them from moving freely around the house. The batteries are always rechargeable and have a base in which the robot is charged. There may be some problem with the battery in the future, so many users buy an extra battery. Or in case you want to carry out a cleaning for a longer time. Thus, they replace it and the robot works for a longer period.
Roomba puts at our disposal a series of batteries for several of its models. In this way, we always have the guarantee that they are compatible and that they will not give us any problems. Thus, we can use the robot vacuum cleaner for a longer time or have a spare part in case something happens.
Thanks to the brushes we can obtain a much more precise cleaning in our house. Because they are a huge help. We find different types of brushes, many designed for different surfaces, from hard floors to wooden floors or carpets. Or those who help us collect the hair of pets. The good thing is that Roomba gives us a lot to choose from.
In this way, thanks to these brushes we can have a more complete robot. And thus be able to have a specific brush for each task or surface. So we make much more efficient use of it.
It may be the case that the wheels of our vacuum cleaner break or suffer some damage for whatever reason. But the rest of the Roomba vacuum cleaner continues to work perfectly. In a case like this we can buy the wheels and replace them easily. Thus, we can continue enjoying our vacuum cleaner as if it were the first day.
If we want to program the cleaning of our house, we can always use a remote control. Thus, we can have control over what our robot is going to do at all times. Since without having to get up from the sofa or the chair we can program the cleaning and activate the robot at all times. So it is a useful accessory and makes our lives a little easier.
If we have a Roomba model, which is always battery powered, we may need a charger. Either because we have several batteries or if in the future there is a problem with ours. The brand puts at our disposal chargers that help us charge its batteries. In addition, we always have the guarantee that they will be compatible.
Where is the technical service of Roomba
Being a well-known company, they have a fantastic system of technical service to repair or consult any type of problem that may exist with these Roomba robots. And that also includes having this type of assistance in Spain, so that you don't have to deal with products that lack service in Spanish, or that you have to send it abroad.
There are even companies that pick up the robot at home, they repair it, whether or not it is under warranty, and they deliver it back to your home, for the greatest convenience to the customer. To get in touch with them, with the official iRobot service, you can call from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 19:00 p.m. by calling +34 91 769 95 19.
History of Roomba
Roomba is the name of the robot vacuum created by iRobot. The first of these models hit the market in 2002, making it one of the oldest brands in this sector. Although iRobot is a brand founded in 1990, they have been working in this sector for almost 30 years.
The brand was founded in Burlington, a city in the state of Massachusetts in the United States. The company itself is engaged in the manufacture of different types of robotic products, including vacuum cleaners. Thanks to vacuum robots, they have managed to make a name for themselves worldwide and position themselves as one of the most successful.
Roomba, launched in 2002, was undoubtedly a defining moment for the company. Since this robot is one of the pioneers in the market. So far, more than 10 million units have been sold worldwide. In addition, new Roomba series are coming out as we have seen (600,700,800,900). Therefore, improvements are continuously being introduced in the brand's robots.
My opinion on Roomba vacuum cleaners
It is true that rates they may seem somewhat high in the case of more advanced models. However, the mid-range and low-end models of this brand are quite similar to other premium competing brands. But it is also true that the quality and features offered by iRobot Roomba you will not find in other brands.
They are leaders in technology, innovation, quality, and results. And that has to be paid for, but honestly, it's money well spent. These products will not disappoint you as it happens with other cheaper ones that will end up giving poor results, or you will have problems early...
Where to buy a cheaper Roomba
If you have been captivated by the iRobot Roomba and want one of its models to be your new helper at home, you will be pleased to know that you can find at a good price in stores like:
- Amazon: It is the surface where you will find the largest number of robot vacuum cleaner models of the iRobot brand. In addition, you can choose from multiple offers to choose the one that interests you the most. If you have a Prime subscription, the shipping will be free and the order will be processed faster, so that it arrives at your home as soon as possible. And always with the return and security guarantees that Amazon gives.
- El Corte Ingles: The Spanish chain also has some popular Roomba models, although there is not as much variety as on Amazon nor does it have the prices of that platform. However, you can find some offers, such as Technoprices, to get it cheaper. In addition, you have the option to buy in store or have it delivered to your home.
- Media Markt: This other option also allows you to go to the nearest store to buy it or order it through their website so that they send it to your address. Their prices are usually good, although there is not a huge quantity of all the models that Amazon can offer you.
- Carrefour: The French chain has a selection of Roomba robots similar to that of El Corte Inglés, and also has some offers and promotions to get them cheaper than their usual price. Of course, you can choose to go to one of the closest shopping centers in your province or order it from their website so that they can send it to your home.
When to buy a cheaper Roomba?
If you want to get one of the best robot vacuum cleaners on the market, the iRobot Roomba, you can find it cheaper taking advantage of these offers:
- Black Friday: this Friday is the last of November of each year, when all shops usually offer great discounts on all kinds of products. Some offers can even reach 50% and even more in some specific cases. A great opportunity to get everything you need at a lower price.
- Prime Day: Amazon also has its moment, with great exclusive offers only for customers who are Prime. If you are, you can review all the discounts at your fingertips to buy cheaper. Unlike Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Prime Day does not usually have a specific date, so you should be attentive...
- Cyber Monday: It is the Monday after Black Friday. It can be considered as a second chance if you have not got what you were looking for on black friday. In addition, in this case the offers are usually more in online stores, where you will begin to see offers similar to those of Black Friday.
- Day without VAT: it is not really a day without VAT, since that would be illegal, but they do discount 21% of the product, which is equivalent to not paying VAT. This claim is also popular in certain supermarkets and stores where you can buy vacuum cleaners. For example, it is usually done by Mediamarkt, El Corte Inglés, etc.