To thoroughly clean mattresses, sofas, curtains, rugs, and other types of fabrics, you will surely want a co-worker who makes your job easier and allows you to eliminate the dreaded dust mites. That companion is the anti-mite vacuum cleaner, which will be a real relief in houses where there are people allergic to these small arachnids that are not visible to the naked eye.
- 1 Best dust mite vacuum cleaners
- 2 Where in the house are there more mites?
- 3 Types of dust mite vacuum cleaners
- 4 Do dust mite vacuum cleaners work?
- 5 Maintenance of an anti-mite vacuum cleaner
- 6 Tips to have fewer mites at home
- 7 Where to buy an anti-mite vacuum cleaner
Best dust mite vacuum cleaners
If you want to buy some of the best dust mite vacuum cleaners, here you have a selection with the models that we recommend:
Cecotec Conga Popstar
It is one of the most powerful anti-mite vacuum cleaners on the market. A practical handheld vacuum cleaner with cyclonic technology that will thoroughly clean mattresses, upholstery, sofas, pet hair, etc. In addition, it has a antibacterial UV-C lamp to eliminate all allergens and possible disease-causing agents.
Thanks to it you can clean fabrics and remove all dirt. With a cable of up to 5 meters to give you greater freedom of movement and a power of 700W. This vacuum also features 3 simultaneous cleaning modes: suction, batter with vibration system to clean in depth, and disinfection by ultraviolet rays.
This other vacuum cleaner for mattresses, pillows, cushions and upholstery is a great alternative. With a power of high suction and a powerful battery-powered electric motor. And it has a 400 ml capacity tank, without the need for bags. In addition, it has a HEPA filter to prevent dust from escaping again.
This handheld vacuum cleaner not only sucks, it will also eliminate other microorganisms thanks to its UV light treatment. In this case, it is also based on cyclonic technology, and all in a very light device, weighing just 1.65 kg.
Polti Forzaspira Lecologico Aqua Allergy Natural Care
It is another of the most popular brands in terms of vacuum cleaners with steam it means. This model is of the sledge type, with great power and comfort, allowing you to clean all types of surfaces, including floors. With water filter system to prevent the expulsion of allergens, and 1 liter capacity.
It does not need a bag, it has 750W of power, with 4 adjustable speeds, HEPA filter 4-stage washable, cable up to 7.5 meters, and 6 accessories (universal brush in two positions, brush for liquids, brush for parquet and delicate surfaces, locker for fabrics, lance and round brush with soft bristles).
This vacuum cleaner is also among the most powerful and professional models. with a deposit of powder with good capacity, to be able to cover large surfaces with minimal effort. It has a HEPA filter complemented by water filtration to prevent mites from leaving.
It has a huge 300W power, cordless, and with a practical handle to easily vacuum mattresses.
Roidmi x30 pro
This cordless handheld vacuum is another top choice if you don't want to be tethered to a cord. It works with a 2500mAh lithium battery with a good autonomy of up to 70 minutes. It has 26500Pa suction, which is incredible, in addition to a color OLED screen to show information in real time, a large capacity tank, and an efficient filter.
Its motor is 435W of power, and has fantastic durability. The tank holds 0.55 liters of water and has function to mop the floor. With a brush for floors and carpets, and with other accessories for all types of surfaces, even the most inaccessible.
Lidl Silvercrest dust mite vacuum cleaner
German supermarket chain Lidl has also put up for sale a handheld anti-mite vacuum cleaner with cable capable of developing up to 1300W of power and capable of eliminating mites and all kinds of dirt on carpets, mattresses, upholstery, etc.
It sells it under its white brand Silvercrest, it has an ergonomic design, a beating system, a disinfectant lamp with ultraviolet light, cable, and waste tank up to 125 ml capacity. The price is €39,99.
It is another of the best models of anti-mite vacuum cleaner that you can find. With suction capacity and UV-C radiation sterilizer. Ideal for vacuuming rugs, carpets, upholstery, mattresses, pillows, etc. In addition, it includes a HEPA filter capable of removing up to 99,7% of small particles.
Can destroy up to 99,9% of mites, has a suction of 14.000 Pa, compact size to carry in the hand, power of 700W, and a cable of up to 5 meters. It has three cleaning modes and is very efficient.
Where in the house are there more mites?
The dust mites They are a type of arachnid that has very small dimensions. They are not visible to the naked eye, with sizes between 0.2 and 0.5mm. They usually stay in many places in the house, and in multiple climates, although they prefer those with a temperate climate and high relative humidity. They usually feed and reproduce on the skin and scalp, although they are present in textiles such as:
- Bedding: bedding and blankets are usually one of the favorite places for mites, especially those that are not washed as often, such as certain blankets, bedspreads, etc.
- Mattresses: It is one of the main sources of dust mites, since they are not washed and tend to accumulate a large number of them. In fact, many of today's mattresses have special treatments in their materials to avoid them.
- pillows and cushions: Like the cushions, these fibrous padding can also hide a large number of mites, since they are not usually washed either, only the covers.
- Sofa: Of course, upholstered chairs, sofas and armchairs can also be considered sources of mites for the same reason as the previous ones.
- Curtains: These other fabrics also tend to remain unwashed for long periods of time, so they are a special environment for them.
- textiles in general: Of course, they are also often present in other fabrics, such as clothes stored in closets, etc.
Types of dust mite vacuum cleaners
Several types of dust mite vacuum cleaners, with certain differences and their pros and cons. To choose the most suitable for your case, you should know these types:
- water washable: some vacuum cleaners have a washable filter, which is a great advantage, since when it is dirty, you can remove it and wash it with water to reuse it over and over again, without the need for replacements, compared to those with a fixed filter.
- Hand: anti-mite vacuum cleaners can have various architectures, such as hand-held or sledge-type. The handheld ones can be very compact and lightweight, and will help you clean all types of surfaces, although they do not always have an accessory for floors/carpet. While those of the sled type, they usually include accessories for the floor and for other surfaces.
- Cyclonic: cyclonic technology, like those that use water, allows dust and other solids to be separated from the air, leaving a cleaner air and preventing allergens from entering the room again.
- Without cable: they are vacuum cleaners that do not need cables, so they will give you greater mobility, as much as their autonomy allows. They have powerful batteries that can last several minutes, up to more than an hour in some cases.
Do dust mite vacuum cleaners work?
Yes, they work quite well, but every time normal vacuum cleaners can retain these allergens thanks to their filtration systems and HEPA filters. However, the specific anti-mite vacuum cleaners may have some extra functions that will help to clean mattresses, cushions, etc., in greater depth.
For example, those with shock or vibration function They will allow to collect mites that are embedded in the deepest fibers. Therefore, they can be a great option for houses where there are allergies to some of the components of dust (especially mites).
Maintenance of an anti-mite vacuum cleaner
An anti-mite vacuum cleaner does not need a maintenance special compared to other conventional vacuum cleaners. That is, they usually need rudimentary care, such as:
- Cleaning of accessories.
- Washing of the filter if it is washable and removable. It can be washed with water, under the tap, and then allowed to dry completely before putting it back on.
- If you have a tank, empty it when it is full. And if it is water, renew it.
Tips to have fewer mites at home
Whether you are allergic to dust mites or not, you should follow these tricks to reduce the number of mites present in your home:
- Avoid having rugs at home and objects that collect dust and are difficult to clean.
- Frequently use anti-mite vacuum cleaners on all those essential objects that you cannot avoid, such as mattresses, sofas, etc. Vacuum these for 10 min once a month. In addition, experts advise exposing them to the sun for at least 30 minutes 2 or 3 times a year.
- You can use anti-mite covers for the mattress and pillow.
- Buy fiber or latex mattresses and pillows with anti-mite treatments.
- Wash all textiles, such as bedding, with washing machine programs at a temperature of more than 50ºC at least once a week. Preferably if you do it dry and at 60ºC.
- Do regular home cleaning.
- Reduce the relative humidity with a dehumidifier, as humidity is attractive to these mites. It should always be below 50% RH.
- Use purification systems with HEPA filters. And frequently clean the filters of the heating or air conditioning systems.
- Avoid the use of chemicals, air fresheners and tobacco smoke.
- When you dust furniture and other surfaces, do so with a damp cloth or a damp cloth that captures dust.
- Use the smoke extractor in the kitchen.
- Always keep your pet clean.
Where to buy an anti-mite vacuum cleaner
If you are thinking of purchasing an anti-mite vacuum cleaner, you can get it at a good price if you look at these stores:
- Amazon: the Internet giant has a large repertoire of anti-mite vacuum cleaners of all types and brands. You will even find several offers of the same product, to choose the cheapest one. Of course, you have all the guarantees and they guarantee a safe purchase.
- Media Markt: The German chain has some good models and brands of dust mite vacuum cleaners. Their prices are competitive, and you can choose between going to your nearest point of sale and taking it home or ordering it through their website so they can send it to you.
- Carrefour: It also has both modes of sale, both in shopping centers and on its website. Their prices are not bad, and they have occasional promotions that can lower them a bit.
- Lidl: The German supermarket chain also has some anti-mite vacuum cleaners, albeit very limited, you will especially find its white brand Silvercrest. Its price is very low, but it may not have similar features to the best-known brands.
- El Corte Ingles: Whether you go to one of its points of sale or look on its website, you will find some of the most popular brands and most current models of this type of vacuum cleaner. Their prices are not the lowest, but sometimes they have promotions and special offers.